And got some play time in...
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I have never been a big fan of shopping in general. I mean, Target is fine and all, but I can't shop at those places that have a million things to look at and sift through (Ross, for example). This means that every time I have seen an antique store I never thought twice about wanting to go inside and see what kind of treasures I could find. Also, most times I have tried my hand a garage saling, or taking a trip to Goodwill to find something awesome, I always fail. Never find a thing! And I always see people posting blogs about all the cool things they find an thrift and antique stores, and I'm not gonna lie, I am totaly jealous!
So this weekend we were downtown eating and just looking for something to do to waste a few hours of our time and we decided to stop in a couple big antique shops. Wow. I never knew they could have THAT much stuff in there! I was pleasantly suprised that not all of it was just..junk. I had my eye open for a few things (hint: did you read my last post?), but otherwise I was just looking for cute stuff. Well, the first thing I ran into was miss Talia :) And I am pretty sure she took all the cute things, I saw her grabbing a few adorable items - which I never found anything close to what she had, dangit!
Anyways, it was so fun to wander around. Here are a few things I picked up:
A cute little deer! (Shh..I may have bought more than a few cute little deers!)
Some pretty books, for $1! (Oh look..another deer).
A pair of these sweet little bird cages. Do you think I should put something inside of them?
So all in all, it was a success! Except for the fact that Chris now wants to decorate our house in antique swords...oye.
So who is with me next weekend?! :)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Fawn & Flower Wall Wear via neawear
Ceramic Deer Figurine via fruitflypie
Forest Friends Fabric Buttons via aimoobaroo
Deer & Butterfly Print via GreenNest
Forest Fawn Necklace via PrettyParis
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Pink & Grey Headband
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
ANWYAYS! Chris and I both got new Droids (by Motorolla), we switched from ATT to Verizon. Which, is weird for me. I always cursed Verizon but I have noticed that ATT has had crappy service where I don't want it to suck (like in hour house! And at our cabin!). Does anyone else have one of these things? I am looking for some good app recommendations. It seems like when I search for recommendations it's always based on a guy's perspective. So yeah, halp!! :)
Also, ahem. Did you sign up for my giveaway? I don't think you did! I mean, I know cleaning isn't the funnest thing in the world - but free stuff definitely is! Do it, make a sista' happy! :)
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Well, we don't have a ton of money stashed away, so we are always looking for ways to a) save money, and b) do ourselves. Every time we head over to Home Depot or Lowes, we wander around (mostly the kitchen and flooring areas) just to check things out. We toyed with the idea of purchasing new cabinets before because we really don't have that many of them to being with. Also, our cabinets aren't real wood, not even the doors (just the door frames?). But, once you begin adding them up, it starts to eat your money.
So we ultimately decided that painting our cabinets would be the best bet for us for now. I did a bunch of online research to make sure we would get everything we needed, especially the right kind of paint and primer for the job. If you're thinking about doing this yourself, this guide from thisoldhouse.com helped a lot. Also, if you have laminates, this article was REALLY helpful for us. So yeah, DO YOUR RESEARCH!
A couple of tips:
- As your a removing your doors/drawers, number them. Especially if you are using the same hardware, if you mix and match, after you are done you may find that things aren't fitting how they should. I just ripped piece of tape and wrote the numbers on them.
- Make sure you have a BIG work area. We spread out everything in our garage over paint tarps.
- Don't be too anxious. Most everything I read said to wait 1-2 weeks (sometimes more!) for the paint to "cure". If you put everything back together too soon, because the paint can still be semi sticky, your doors/drawers could possibly stick to the cabinet base and ruin your pain job!
- Hardware. Don't think that everything you purchase will work for you right out of the package. We had to buy longer screws for our handles than what came with them. We also purchased new door hinges, and tried about 4 different ones before we got one that worked correctly (hint: buy several different types to try, THEN purchase the necessary amount. oops). I think I had to go to the hardware store about 6 different times. Ugh.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
It's called a "Fancypack" and I am totally unsure of what I think of it. I mean, I know how I feel about fannypacks...totally lame/not cute/unflattering. I am pretty sure my mom still wears one sometimes, and it's old and PURPLE. O.M.G.
So at first glance, I am all "are you kidding me?", but now that I've let it saturate in my little mind a bit, this is actually pretty cute, looks more like a belt, and really is a good idea. The only problem I have with it is that for someone that me who doesn't really want to draw attention to my belleh, probably not the most lovely thing to wear. I think Stacy and Clinton would want to have a word with me on that.
What do you think?
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
- I have been slacking at weddings things, and thus, been sucking at posting on The Bridal Bloggette. But! Today I managed to post a wee little update there, so I hope you can head over there, read it and help me out a bit! Thanks!
- I have really been trying to get my creative juices flowing again. Over the next few days I plan to be working on our save-the-dates - I found this really cute idea in a book I have, and have been dying to get it going for a while now! I also managed to add a couple new things to my Etsy shop today, and will hopefully add another few things in the next couple days :)
- I am planning on doing a GIVEWAY(!) later this week, just for fun.
- I have a whole chicken in the crockpot right now, along with some sliced lemons, garlic cloves, and rosemary. You should smell it. Better yet, you should definitely make it!
- I had a super fun weekend that included good times with some of my most favorite people, and even met a new one! Check out our adventures over at Mrs. Priss' site.
- Want to ask me something? I decided to start a Formspring. Ohhh goodie! :)