Monday, December 20, 2010

Crafty Christmas: Goodies & Cards

I haven't been able to get enought of Christmas lately! Our house is all decorated, and it makes me happy :) Maybe later this week I'll share some more decor around (and outside!) our house. I've been doing a bit of baking for a few Christmas parties I went to recently. One was a cookie swap, where each girl had to bring 5-dozen cookies. It was also a contest to see who made the prettiest and yummiest cookie. Although I didn't win (I totally should have!!! bitter much?), I wanted to share what I baked because they are sooooooooooo delish!

I made Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies, recipe found here. I've been obsessed with salted caramel goodies for a while, sipping on salted caramel hot chocolate, and I've even made cupcakes.




This was my little cookie setup at the cookie swap party:


I totally forgot to take a photo of the inside of the cookies, but if you check out the recipe you can see it's filled with a carmely suprise in the middle :) They were awesome, and pretty, if I do say so myself. Which I do.
I also wanted to share how I am hanging our Christmas cards this year:



I just took some green and red yan and twisted them together, and used some push pins to secure them to the wall. Cards are being held to the yarn with the cutest mini clothes pins (from Michaels). Last year I just taped the cards to the wall, and I like this a whole lot better!

3 comments:

Talia said...

WHAT. This is almost scary, Alyssa. I was seriously laughing as I read this, because guess what?? I'm making chocolate caramel salted cookies today. Been planning to for weeks. And the way you hung your Christmas cards? Is EXACTLY the way I've done mine. Down to the sparkly snowflakes and everything. WE'RE LIKE THE SAME MIND.

isn't that exciting and funny?? :) I thought so, anyway. hehe.

.jimaie.marie. said...

Dude, those cookies look AMAZING. I wanna see the winning cookies, there's no way they were prettier than yours! You take magical pictures, do you know that? I love looking at them!
I'm sad this year I didn't send out a Christmas card to add to your collection, and then I totally meant to do a New Years card but...whoooops? Wah.

Anonymous said...

1) I just now saw your post about my cookie swap! Lol!

2) I agree, you should have won! Your cookies were my FAVE!!