Monday, July 7, 2008

Long weekends are the win!

We had a semi-eventful 4th of July weekend. It kicked off with a drive to Fresno to see the top 10 American Idols from this season perform at the Save Mart center. It was actually really cool, mostly because of all the rockers this year. Each contestant did 3 songs, except David Cook who did 4 (as well as a few group songs). We got to hear some Queen, The Beatles, Foo Fighters, Michael Jackson...other amazing stuff that I know I'm missing. From there we headed up to Shaver for the weekend. Here's the rest of the weekend in pictures :)


Foxy ready for a hike!

Hiking!

Hike.

Meadow along the hike.

Usss.

I caught a feeeesh!

Chilling in a cove on the boat.

Fire in the backyard.

Little ducklings and mama.

Chris kayaking with Foxy :)

The boat parade. You can't tell at all but there was like 30+ boats.

Sunset before fireworks.

Sunset before fireworks.

Didn't get pics of the fireworks on the lake because my camera sucks and died! It was really awesome though I promise!!!


4 comments:

Nita said...

Beautiful picture the one on the top.

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

How fun that must've been! I love Shaver.

Talia said...

that looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you guys had such a nice 4th of July. Love your pictures.
sounds like the AI concert was great! Did you find someone to take the extra tickets?

Unknown said...

soooo pretty. I'm so sad we can't go that weekend... another one. soon. I need it!