Monday, August 3, 2009

Crafty Challenge V. 2.0

Morgan brought up to me the other day that I should start doing my Crafty Challenges again on my blog. I had totally forgot about them!!! Honestly, I think the last one I did I got a bit discouraged because of the lack of participation maybe (I know, boo hoo right?!). So I am going to try this again, because I know everyone loves to create things! The main goal is to share ideas, and obviously have a little fun with your inner crafter!

In the past challenges, I centered my idea around a holiday; well, there aren't any close enough! My inspiration for this challenge is from my own craft endeavors. I always see these cute accessories and think to myself: oh my gosh I can totally make the for way cheaper!

Crafty Challenge 2.1: Create a piece of jewelry for yourself, or someone else. The possibilities for this are endless! Earrings, necklaces, rings, hair jewelry, bracelets...you can create something out of fabric, metals, beads...anything!!!

Tip: If you have time, Etsy has tons and tons of supplies you can order with just a few clicks. Want to make earrings? Buy some backings and a cute button/cabochon/bead and just glue it on. It's really THAT simple. Of course, you'll probably be able to find things easily and quickly at your closest craft store as well!


Photo via Flickr.


Deadline: August 18, 2009. If you're going to participate, write a blog post about what you created on or before the date and send me a link: I'll create a post of all of the participants the day after the deadline. E-mail links to: parodyofanangelx(at)gmail(dot)com.

7 comments:

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

Loving this!! I'll try to come up with something cute! YAY!

Lacey Bean said...

I'm down! You should make a Crafty Challenge button for people to put on their blogs. :) I'm going to tweet about this, I'm sure tons of people would be interested!

Anonymous said...

If someone would help me with my BLOG LAYOUT I would totally do this. My blog is not inviting... ugh. I need to updated it pronto.

Also need an excuse to wear more jewelry. HAH!

.jimaie.marie. said...

i'll do it if I can make it out of fruit loops & cheerios with my boys!! ;)
I can't wait to see what you girlies come up with!

Krystal Arnot said...

I am going to do this! I randomly accessed your blog and am VERY excited! I will let you know what I come up with...

Unknown said...

I will try, but I make no promises. LOL.

Talia said...

oh good, I was worried I had missed the date! I do plan on doing this. yay for your crafty challenges! :)