Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Fatness Post #1

I thought I'd share with you an AMAZING cookie recipe. If you haven't done any holiday baking yet, need to do some, or just want some yummy cookie you definitely need to make these!

I was going to just bake some plain 'ol gingerbread cookies, but while I was browsing for the ultimate recipe, I found this and just had to try it out. Enjoy!




Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Via allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup light molasses <--(I used dark)
1 (11 ounce) package Butterscotch Flavored Morsels


Directions:
  • PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
  • COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
  • BEAT butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
  • BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

CIP said...

They look so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

.jimaie.marie. said...

you freakin had me at butterscotch. I have to try these!