Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Blahs

I've been struggling in recent months trying to find a balance. There are days and weeks when I am swamped at work, or so mentally tired from work that all I want to do is go home and do absolutely nothing. It's so draining! Most of the time I feel like I have zero energy, and it shows by my dirty, unorganized house, unkept yard, piles of dirty laundry everywhere, dogs in need of exersize, etc. Oh and also, things that I normally enjoy doing in my free time, like going for walks, taking the dogs out, crafting, my Etsy shop, blogging, reading blogs.

I feel so lame even complaining because I cannot imagine doing all of that plus having kids! Maybe it's the wedding planning that is added to that mess. Or the fact that I loathe summer and the heat makes me a grump.

So I am kind of looking for tips I guess. I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I am super happy and excited with wedding planning things, but everything else is such a mess it's sometimes hard to even BE excited about that. Just more things I have to add to my do-list. Do you guys ever feel like that? How do you have energy after a long day of draining work do get things done?

End rant! Thanks for reading my mess :) Hah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words: Diet Coke.

Actually that isn't really working for me, so I don't know what to tell you. July through November is our super busy/stressful time at work and I'm a mess when I get home - most of the time, I keep working when I get home. I keep telling myself "this too shall pass." I have no idea where that quote came from but it works.

bandofbrothers said...

Show us some of your wedding some! You know, little sneak peeks, so you don't give it all away!

Raven said...

We have started walking the dogs every night, even with a horrible headache, we still went tonight. They go ballistic around 8:45 every night, so they look forward to it, and it's nice to have a new routine...it's not blog worthy though :)

Lauryn said...

Maybe you just need to vent more often on your blog. Let it all out! We've all been there at some point or another. I hope you find your balance soon!

Magdelyn said...

I know exactly how you feel! The best advice I can give you is if you have access to people willing to help out, don't be afraid to ask.

oh, and wine. lots of wine.

Sarah said...

Oh guuurl I have been through the exact same thing recently. What helped me was a nice little summer cleaning. Totally an episode of out with the old and in with the new. It was the refresher I needed!