Monday, January 21, 2008

I cannot believe how fast this month has gone. We were up at our cabin last weekend, here are some pictures.
Foxy going crazy over the snowblower!

Chris and me sledding.

Post sledding...haha.

Puzzle that we managed to finished in the 24 hours we were there.

Okay, I wanted to also talk about all the cooking I've been doing. Last weekend I made a salmon cannelloni w/lemon cream sauce, I even made the crepes for it! This weekend I made homemade popcorn on the stove in a big pot. I can't tell you how much better it tasted that the microwavable popcorn...and much healthier! We just put some butter and salt on it, but next time I'll try it with some parmesan cheese. Yummy! Yesterday I had a pot roast going all day in the crock pot, and it turned out reaaallly good. I love crock pots and I need to use ours more. Annnndd I also made a YUMMY dessert yesterday...it's actually for a baking contest (online). Here's a picture:
It's a white chocolate cheesecake filling, graham cracker crust (with some coffee beans mixed in in there), the chocolate topping has some Kahlua in it, and of course raspberries on top. It's really really GOOD! Okay enough of that, I'm just proud of my creations :)

4 comments:

Steph Corwin said...

ahh puzzles.. I haven't done one in forever. That would be fun.

and I want to try your yummy cheesecake! We need to cook together sometime, though I think I might ruin anything you tried to make.

Talia said...

the snow looks SO fun. I love snow.
You're wuite the little cook! That dessert sounds fabulously yummy. I'm impressed that you made it up. I can follow a recipe no problem, but when it comes to concocting my own creations...
well, let's just say it's better if I don't try. :)

Talia said...

*quite, not wuite :)

.jimaie.marie. said...

ohhhh my gosh, that dessert looks SO good! i wanna try!! YUM