Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gettin' Pretty

I'm not too huge of a makeup person, generally I've used the same products for a while and don't really change it up too much. Ever since I was around 17 or 18 I used Bare Escentuals foundation, because liquid foundations always made me break out and it just didn't work for my oily skin. I've tried a few different foundations in those years, not because the BE doesn't work well..it's pretty good, but it is soooo messy! So when it came time to find some wedding makeup, I knew I needed to amp up my makeup bag a bit. A friend of mine suggested Make Up For Ever, so I went down to Sephora and asked about it. I bought their foundation as well as their primer. Generally I'm not a big fan of spending a ton of money on makeup either (I love you Sephora, but my bank account does not!). But, I I have also purchased a few other things that I am currently in love with.

So here is my current makeup regimen, and I am loving it!


Make Up For Ever HD Primer. Bought this for wedding makeup and am still using it every day! It works fantastically.


Make Up Forever HD Foundation. Again, bought to use as wedding makeup and I think I have officially made the swap from Bare Escentuals to this liquid makeup. I don't have to use that much, it feels light, doesn't make my face all greasy, and lasts all day. Since it's pricey, I'll probably try to find some better deals on Ebay maybe?

BE Mineral Veil. Used after foundation application, I've always used this and I love it.


I've purchased Benefit's Bad Gal mascara a few times in the past, but I don' usually spend the money on it (I usually buy the regular old pink & green Maybelline mascara at Target). I'm currently using the waterproof version this mascara, which I like because it actually lasts ALL day.



Plixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Cocoa. I am SO glad I picked up this eyeliner, it's AMAZING. As the name suggests, it's silky and goes on easily & is also easy to fix if you mess up - AND it lasts all day. My normal cheap eyeliner tends to melt off towards the end of the day. Plixi is sold at Target, and I was just looking for something different (I've always used black pencil eyeliner for my everyday look), so I am glad I tried this beauty.



Benefit Coralista blush. Although I did purchase this as part of my wedding makeup, I'm using it every day and I think the color is perfect for a lot of skin tones.

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

I've been looking for a good makeup primer! I'll have to try that stuff! I think I'm going to go back to Bare Minerals. My Mac concealer burns my skin, it's not good.

Thanks for sharing your makeup bag with us!