Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On Portland Being Awesome

I can't remember if I had mentioned it here or not (I probably did, who am I kidding..because Portland is awesome!), but after we got married we went on a little trip up to the beautiful Northwest. Our first stop was Portland. Chris and I have been dying to go to Oregon and Washington for the past few years because we both see it as somewhere we just NEED to live (asap). So our "mini-moon" was a perfect time to go! We flew from Bakersfield to Portland (which was awesome..not a fan of having to fly out of LA) the Tuesday after our wedding - and spent the first 3 days of our trip in Portland.

We stayed in downtown Portland in a super adorable hotel called Hotel Modera. This was our view from the 5th floor room:


That was our room! It was super cute and stylish!

Best part? There were outdoor firepits on the patio. And since the hotel has a fabulous restaurant as part of it, we were able to eat and drink out by the fire (luckily for us, it wasn't raining!). It was just perfect.

This was our rental car, I felt so gangster driving it!
One day we drove about 30 minutes (or more?) west of Portland, along the river, and stopped at a bunch of different waterfalls, a fish hatchery, some parks, and a dam.




Chris was kind enough to pose next to a gigantic fish :)

Spawning salmon.

We spent the rest of the time trying to find the best restaurants, breweries, bakeries, coffee shops, stores, etc. to go to! Luckily we have friends in Portland who were able to hang out with us for a bit and take us to some neat place. Here are a few of my favorite places we went:

Deschutes was rad, from the decor to the beer. Their food was AMAZING - I wanted to try so many things, but alas, we could not. We had some beer samples and I got a large glass of the Black Butte XXI. Oh and their sweet potato fries are a must!

We also did some shopping, hit up Powell's bookstore, Pearl Bakery (where we saw this lady), VooDoo Doughnut, and this adorable Anthro store!

Another place we had breakfast that I just cannot forget, Slappy Cakes. All you need to know is from the picture below. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Awww, this post made me really miss our trip! Portland/Oregon was pretty amazing and I was SO sad when we had to leave! I cannot wait to go back and explore more (and have more Stumptown coffee)

Next up, Seattle!

3 comments:

Danhella said...

It looks like a really fun/relaxing place to visit. I wish it was close enough to drive there for a weekend double date. :(

Amanda* said...

I've lived in Portland my whole life. It is so beautiful here! I'm so glad you enjoy it so much!!

Dee O. said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! You guys must of had such a nice time :)

That GOOD GOOD Blog