Friday, May 9, 2008

Survey of the TV Week

American Idol
Tuesday: AI is getting a tad boring now that there's only a couple people left, and it's sort of predictable now - I know exactly what the judges are going to think. Let's just be glad that Jason did horrible. Actually, I didn't think his songs were THAT bad and I liked them a tad more than his usual slow boring songs. I liked about half of all the songs tonight.
Wednesday: Yessss Jason is finallllyyy gone! So now it's The David's and Syesha left for next week. These results shows are kind of ridiculous; they have a couple artists perform that I usually don't care to watch, they are obviously just there to fill in the grueling hour-long show...yay for DVRs. I like the question and answers from the callers, although the lady that called tonight asking David C. on a date was a little...creepy!


Top Chef
The quickfire challenge this week was a prepping "relay race": peel and cut oranges, peel and turn artichokes, fillet monkfish (ewww, have you ever seen one of these?), and make some homemade mayonnaise. The contestants were split into teams. The winning team got a "big advantage" in the elimination challenge.
Next we find out the elimination challenge: the two teams have to battle to....cater a wedding! Yikes. They only had a day to come up with a menu and prep. The catch was, each team was either cooking for the bride or the groom. The winning team picked the bride, who wanted souther/comfort type food. The other team was to cook for the groom who was all about Italian (Nikkie, who is Italian and cooks it well, was on this team!). The teams were up all night and all day cooking and preparing their food. Each team had to bake a cake as well (one person on each team was doing ONLY the cake). Stephanie's cake looked awesome, which is amazing because these chefs are not bakers. The bride's team ended up winning, and oh was there drama from the groom's team. Talk about emo. Nikki was sent home in the end, most likely because she failed to use all her Italian cuisine knowledge to take the reins for the challenge.


The Office
Why did this episode seem really slow to me? That was weird, because I did like it. Um, Jim and Pam = soo cute. Well, duh. Ohhhh and Michael, Stanley was right, you to top your stupidity with every new episode. I cringe every time it looks like you're about to speak publicly (I actually squealed and hid behind my pillow when he went up to the microphone at the job fair, like it was a scary movie). And what about Dwight and Angela being the only ones left in the office most of the day, I actually thought something might happen there - but no! Though, she did say 'thank you' to him, I guess that's a big deal for Angela to say. What confused me was the last scene with Pam talking to the guy at the job fair, it was sort of a weird scene...not the usual ending for The Office.
Anyone have any idea what the season finale is going to entail? I could guess, but I'll probably be wrong.

2 comments:

Steph Corwin said...

They are totally building us for the finale. Kind of annoying to have such a slow episode, but I definitely got a kick out of Andy and his hands. lol!

Talia said...

see, I actually liked Jason Castro a lot. However, he was definitely the one who deserved to go this last week, I won't argue with that. :) I'm not a huge Sayesha fan, and I hope it's David and David for the finale-- I think that would be a fun one! I miss Brooke and Carly being on there...

I am so anxious for The Office finale! I don't know what they'll do, I just hope they don't mess Jim and Pam up, that would simply toy with our emotions. :(