Monday, April 21, 2008

Good Eats - Part 2

We also made a really yummy Garlic Chicken pizza last week :) I started using a recipe...but ended up just winging it. One thing I've learned from cooking is changing recipes I find to adapt to what I like AND what ingredients I already have at home (trips to the store for one or two things is just annoying). Most you can change just fine to your liking :)

Garlic Chicken Pizza
1 pizza crust (make it, get it premade, doesn't matter)
1/4 cup pesto (you can make this too, if you dare)
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can also buy those prepackaged chicken breast strips)
1 can artichoke hearts
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 tomato, diced
1 Tbsp. basil
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*I think we added another type of some sort of cheese we had

Place the chicken breast in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then cut into strips.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place prepared pizza crust onto a pizza pan or other baking sheet, and the pesto on top using a spoon. Spread the cheeses evenly over the pesto. Arrange chicken and artichoke heart pieces on top. Top with garlic, tomato, onion, and basil.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is browned and center is cooked through.




2 comments:

Steph Corwin said...

Wow that looks so yummy too. I've always been afraid of artichoke hearts. I never knew what to do with them. Now I know that I could have a yummy pizza :)

Talia said...

those both sound REALLY yummy! Now I have to go eat my lunch finally, because looking at this food totally made my tummy growl. :)