Thursday, October 16, 2008

Artsy Fartsy

I have some lovely friends who are artists, so this weekend we checked out their chalk drawings at Via Arte. Via Arte is an Italian street "painting" festival and this was it's 10th anniversary here in Bako. Basically artists come down and they have all these squares taped off, one for each artist to draw on. It's in a parking lot so they are down on their hands and knees drawing with chalk for 2-3 days. Both original and non-original drawings, teens to adults, and professional to non-professional artists.

Pretty intense right? I think so. Here are some pictures from our little excursion. My friend's had a 6'x12' (I think) square - yikers!


When we got there it was basically done.


Peace out.


My friend's bf working on their piece.


Rows of the big drawings.


I thought this castle was pretty spiffy, ignore the odd angle. Reminded me of Care Bears!





6 comments:

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Okay, that is so incredibly cool!

I wish I had half their mad skillz. Love it!

Allison said...

Wow that is pretty amazing. Those are some pretty talented people.

BeanPickleSprout said...

How awesome! I wish I could be there to see it in person. I don't know of anything like that around here.

sarah marie p said...

Wow! That's is so freakin cool! Lava the cupcake!

Unknown said...

aww yay Nano! that is so awesome

CIP said...

yay thank you! I am so excited!