Monday, October 27, 2008

I Am Ecstatic

Yesterday I booked a flight for myself and Chris to go to Michigan the first week of December, for a whole week!

I know you're like, uh, Michigan? Why the heck would you be excited about going there..in DECEMBER?! Well, a few reasons!

For one, I haven't been on a vacation (more than a weekend trip to Shaver) since two summers ago. I know that's kind of whiny of me but I have needed a long break from work for a long time. Mental health, people! I also loooooooove flying (Steph is gonna kick me for saying that).

Oh and the most important reason would be that I finally get to meet all of Chris' family. I kind of alluded to this the other day, but in short, we met online and I have been there once (before he moved out here to CA), but we weren't "dating" or whatever so I didn't meet them. So, Chris hasn't seen his family since June of 2006 - wtf! That's forever, and I would die if I hadn't seen my family in even a month.

Why we haven't been out there...mostly lack of money and ability for him to take vacation time. I've been wanting to go for a long time, obviously, because we are serious and I feel like there's a part of him I do not know. And that makes me sad. So this is going to be really good for us [oh and next step to getting closer to this I hope ;) ]


7 comments:

Sarah said...

yay for you! Have a great time!

sarah marie p said...

That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you that you get to spend a whole week over there! I bet you're so excited! Hopefully it WILL get ya closer to the "big day"! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

CIP said...

Yay for taking new steps.

I am all about mental health. Taking time off is amazing, and you definitely deserve it.

Unknown said...

YAYYAYAY! Fun, except Be CAREFUL on that airplane. They're crazy.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad but sad because that's when I will be moving back to Bakersfield. I GUESS I will let you go. ;)

I know you're really going because you wanna get married. HAH! Caught ya!

<3

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Yay Michigan!

That's crazy that you've never met his parents and that it's been like TWO YEARS since he's seen his family. INSANE. So weird! I couldn't do that.

I love flying too - the whole travel experience, actually. :)

Talia said...

oh that's so exciting!! It's about time, huh. :)

I hope you have a fabulous trip and get to enjoy every minute of your vacation.

oooooh, maybe he'll propose... ;)